Jeskyns is located in north Kent, just off the A2 between Gravesend and the village of Cobham. Opened to the public in 2007 Jeskyns is 360 acres of newly planted woodlands, ponds, orchards and wildflower meadows.
The main site facilities are located closest to the A2 and include a car park, café, toilets, children's play areas, 2 Easy Access Trails, a Children's Trail and a Dog Activity Trail.
Other trails, some surfaced and some grassed, enable visitors to explore the wider parts of the site and to access neighbouring parks and woodlands including Ashenbank Woods, Shorne Woods Country Park and Cobham Woods.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jeskyns can be accessed by vehicle every day of the year between 7am and dusk. Closing times vary depending upon daylight hours.
- There is a 2m height restriction at the car park entrance. During café opening hours (9:30am - 3:30pm) legitimate visitors with over height vehicles will be provided access by telephoning 07939 379789.
- The nearest train station is Sole Street which is approx. 2 mile's from Jeskyns main car park.
- Dogs are welcome though we ask visitors to observe the "on lead", "off lead" and "no dog" zones.
- A dedicated grass trail is provided for horse riders. Horse box parking is available by arrangement.
- We welcome cyclists in all areas of the site but ask that you always give way to other visitors.
- Large print or alternative language versions of the site map are available from the Diversity Team on 0131 314 6757 or by email email@example.com.
Car Parking Facilities and Arrival
- The main car park is tarmac with approximately 100 spaces. 3 of these are signed blue badge.
- There is a 2m height restriction at the car park entrance. During café opening hours (9:30am - 3:30pm) legitimate visitors with over height vehicles will be provided access by telephoning 07939 379789. Further info: weblink
- There is approximately a 100meter walk from the main car park to the café on a level surfaced path.
- Access from the car park onto site is through wheelchair accessible kissing gates.
- Parking charges for all cars apply. Please check our visitor information for details.
- A grass car park with approximately 150 spaces is also available during peak periods - ground conditions permitting.
- The car park is not lit at night.
Jeskyns offers a variety of trails:
- Court Wood Trail - 1/4 mile. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points. Within the Dogs on Leads Zone.
- Henhurst Lake Walk - 1 + 1/4 miles. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points.
- Broomfield Loop - 1 + 3/4 miles. Surfaced. Some gradients more than 1:20. Some resting points.
- Orchard Walk - 2 miles. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and some resting points.
- Children's Trail - approx. 1/4 mile. Themed trail with activity boards along it. Surfaced with gradients of less than 1:20 and plenty of resting points. Within the Dogs on Leads Zone. Accompanying activity packs can be purchased from café. The trail theme changes seasonally.
- Dog Activity Trail - approx. 1/4 mile. Includes a range of activity features for dogs such as a log walk, tunnel and weaves. Grass surfaced. Can be muddy at times.
- Horse Trail - 5miles. Grass surfaced.
- Darnley Trail - 10km. Links Jeskyns with neighbouring sites and countryside. Permissible to walkers, cyclists and horse riders. Surfaced in some parts but includes rough ground, steep inclines, occasional obstructions and can be very muddy.
- Two unisex, accessible to all, toilets are located at the café and these are open during café opening times: 10am to 3:00pm (weather dependent). Outside of these hours the nearest public toilets available are located in Cobham Village at the Recreation Ground Car Park next to Cobham Primary School.
- Refreshments are available from the Jeskyns café which is located near the main car park.
- Opening hours 10am to 3:00pm (weather dependent).
- There is step free level access into the café and around the surfaced outdoor seating area.
- Due to the modest size of the building, space is tight within the internal seating area, but staff will be very happy to assist visitors with access if needed.
There are four main picnic areas at Jeskyns:
- Main Car Park: 7 picnic benches (2 with wheelchair spaces). Accessible via level, hard surfaced tracks.
- Sand Pit Play Area: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Grassed surface. Approx. 500meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with less than 1:20 gradient.
- Tree House Play Area: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Grassed surface. Approx. 700meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with less than 1:20 gradient.
- Henhurst Lake: 3 picnic benches (1 with wheelchair space). Gravel surface. Approx. 500meters from the main car park along hard surfaced trails with more than 1:20 gradient.
Visitors are requested not to use the café outdoor seating area for their own food/picnics.