Impact on the UK landscape
Chalara ash dieback is expected to cause big changes to our landscape with the potential loss of 60–180 million ash trees across the UK.
Some key statistics include:
- 12% of broadleaf woodland in the UK is ash.
- There are around 60 million ash trees outside UK woodlands.
- Ash dieback is expected to affect 95% of ash trees in the UK.
- 955 wildlife species associated with ash will lose their ash habitat.
- £15 billion is the potential cost to the UK economy due to ash dieback.