Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will not be able to welcome school groups to Westonbirt Arboretum during the Autumn term.
We ask that all groups visiting Westonbirt make a booking, following the guidelines below:
EYFS and KS1 groups following a led programme
For details about the booking process, programmes on offer, or availability please contact Learning With Nature on 07920 065803, email or visit their website.
All other learning groups
(KS2+ groups following led programmes and all self-guided group visits).
- Telephone the Learning Team on 0300 067 4856, or email, to confirm the availability of your preferred date and to discuss your requirements. If your preferred date is available we will provisionally book your visit to Westonbirt and email you a booking pack.
- To confirm your visit you must complete and return the booking form. Following the return of your completed booking form you will receive your confirmation details. For led visits this will include a timetable for the day, specific programme details and a risk assessment. For self-guided visits this will include copies of trail activity sheets as required, arrival information and a risk assessment.
Led visits (March - December).
We offer a range of half-day programmes - £5 per student (minimum charge of £125 per session).
This price includes the admission cost for your self-guided time.
We invoice all groups following a led programme on the day of their visit.
Self-guided visits (Year round).
- Under 5s - free.
- 5-18 year olds - £3.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £2.00 (winter).
- Mature students - £7.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £5.00 (winter).
For both led and self-guided visits, free admission for supervisory adults is offered with the following ratios:
- Pre-school and Reception 1 adult : 4 children
- Years 1-6 1 adult : 5 pupils
- Years 7 and above 1 adult : 10 pupils
- Any adults supporting students 1:1 with additional/special needs will also be free.
- Any additional adults will be charged £9.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £7.00 (winter)
- We invoice all groups following a led programme.
- For self-guided visits with a cost of less than £25 please pay at admissions on arrival.
- For self-guided visits costing £25 or more we will invoice you following your visit.