We want to make our services simple, useful and reliable. Where we provide services online this sometimes involves placing small pieces of information on your device (computer or mobile phone) in the form of a 'cookie' stored in your web browser.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you, for example by:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made simpler to use or respond more quickly
- recognising which people are visiting our web pages through social media sites, to make it possible to use targeted advertising to ensure you are seeing our most relevant content
If you'd like to learn more about cookies or find out how to manage or remove cookies set on your device, visit the About cookies website. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact some non-critical functionality of our website.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimise this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
- IP address (anonymised)
- device screen size
- device type
- general browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display our website
You can opt-out of the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site, and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites through Hotjar's opt-out form.
Social media and Google remarketing
We use technologies such as cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook and Twitter to customise content and advertising, to provide social media content that is more relevant, and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
These cookies or conversion pixels enable us to build audiences from our website for advertising campaigns served on Google Content Network and social networks. By visiting our site, a relevant advert may appear in your social feeds or as a paid search result on Google.
If you do not have a Facebook account you may opt-out through the Your Online Choices service.