Get inspired to run in the nation's forests
Our new way-marked network of running trails from 1km to 10km have been designed for beginners and seasoned runners.
Why run in the forest?
- It's traffic free - get in the zone without worrying about the roads
- Breathe fresh natural air - the trees keep you cool in summer and protected in winter
- It's a better workout - your body works harder than on a treadmill
- The view - take in the colours, scents and sounds as you go, beats the gym!
Supported by Sport England and using National Lottery funding our running routes are accessible and safe, so hit the trails and find your freedom!
You might be interested in...
- Become a Forest Runner - exciting run events in stunning forests locations
- Join a Parkrun or Junior Parkrun - in 21 of the nation's forests every weekend
- Join our Strava club - strive for the leaderboard in our Strava running club
- Read our running FAQs - top tips to help you plan your run
To stay up to date with the latest running and getting active news, sign up to our newsletter