This page explains how we use any information you give to us through our website or Apps, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
Personal information charter
You can read the Forestry Commission’s personal information charter on gov.uk .
Information we collect
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website or our Apps. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to FORESTRY.GOV.UK
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- details to allow you to access our services and transactions e.g. an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for)
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about our services if you want it
- request sensitive permissions like accessing the camera, microphone, contacts or data on your phone
Details about information we collect can be found in the following pages: