Suitable for KS3, March - November
Photosynthesis, gas exchange, adaptation, inter-dependence, climate change.
- Explain the role of leaves, chloroplasts and chlorophyll in the process of photosynthesis.
- Name the reactants and products of photosynthesis.
- Suggest different ways leaves are adapted for photosynthesis.
- Understand that human activity can alter the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere, impacting on climate.
- Recognise the role photosynthesis can play in reducing climate change.
Diversity of green - explore and discover the diversity of leaves, algae and lichen. Generate questions which will form part of the focus for the rest of the programme.
Photosynthesis game - an interactive game that looks at the process of photosynthesis and involves a reactant and product molecule challenge.
Adaptation - observing differences in leaves and suggesting how this adaptation is linked to photosynthesis, including leaf shape, shade of green, surface texture, leaf arrangement and canopy shape.
Moving carbon - an active approach to explore the role trees and photosynthesis can play in reducing climate change for the future