Code of conduct
Updated 6th December 2018
Conditions of Issue of New Forest Fishing Permits for Hatchet and Little Hatchet Pond
- A Forestry Commission fishing permit and Environment Agency rod license must be carried whilst fishing and shown to any Forestry Commission or Environment Agency officer on request.
- In their own interest fishermen are advised to familiarise themselves with the byelaws of the Environment Agency Southern Region.
- Fishing is permitted only between half an hour before sunrise and half an hour after sunset.
- No night fishing, overnight parking or staking out or pitches is allowed.
- Only dead marine fish should be used as bait for Pike.
- Parking must be in the officially designated car parks.
- All fish to be returned immediately to the water. It is an offence under the byelaws to take fish away.
- Permits are valid for 2 or 3 rods, depending on the fee paid.
- Keep nets may not be used. Always use a landing net and unhooking mat when handling caught fish.
- Barbless hooks only to be used.
- The Forestry Commission is indemnified against any claim which may arise as a result of the use of the permits and any damage to forestry Commission property is to be made good to the satisfaction of the Deputy Surveyor.
- Care should be exercised near water especially where the bank slope steeply or deep water is present and young people should be in the care and control of responsible adults.