The trail starts with you!
Forest Runner, our series of 5k and 10k running events at eleven of our beautiful forests across England, is here to help you get out and get active amongst the trees.
Whether you are new to running or a seasoned pro, choose your challenge and enjoy a run in some beautiful surroundings.
Expect lush natural scenery, birdsong, fresh air, encouragement from other runners and a medal and goody bag waiting for you at the finish line!
The profits from Forest Runner sales help us grow, shape and care for your forests, now and for future generations.
Forest Runner is for everyone
Our aim is to introduce as many people as we can to the health and wellbeing benefits of running in our forests. They are the perfect place to run whether it’s your first time or you’re looking to smash a personal best.
We want everyone to feel inspired to be a Forest Runner and are working to make our events an inclusive and welcoming experience for all. We are now following SheRACES event guidelines to support more women to the start line.
Forest Runner events are managed in partnership with Events of the North and trophies are awarded for the top places.
Sign up to be the first to hear about Forest Runner event tickets, news and more.
Terms and conditions
In addition to our standard T&C's, for these events please note:
- dogs are not permitted.
- participants must be medically fit to participate in the event.
- amendments to participant details must be notified in advance of the event. (See FAQs for more info).
- participant details will be passed to Events of the North for race management, including race time and placing.
- venue parking charges will apply for stays in excess of 3 hours.
- a post event survey will be sent to the email address provided. You are under no obligation to complete the survey but doing so will help in planning future activities.
- participants must be aged 12yrs+ for the 5km and aged 16yrs+ for the 10km.
- participants must follow the latest UK government COVID-19 guidance in place at the time of the event.