We are one Forestry England
At Forestry England we want everyone to make their best contribution.
We support each other to work to our values and to be healthy, motivated, engaged experts. We are a diverse workforce representing the people we serve.
Our wide range of staff benefits helps us to achieve this
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service, plus additional ‘privilege’ days off.
- Options to buy, sell and carry forward unused holiday each year.
- We have a flexible and inclusive approach in our ways of working, with a range of options available including blended working.
We understand the importance of supporting you and your loved ones, allowing you to thrive both in and out of work:
- Flexible and inclusive ways of working.
- Enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption leave.
- Access to the Government’s Tax Free Childcare Scheme.
- Opportunity to apply for unpaid career breaks.
- A variety of special leave to help cope with those unexpected times in your life.
Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe in listening to our staff to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and feels included every day:
- We listen to our diverse groups to understand what they love and to find ways to make things even better.
- Our Women in Forestry Programme helps us to work together to improve female representation in our organisation, particularly in field-based roles and to ensure our workplace is fully inclusive.
- Our Employee Networks bring people together and embrace the full range of diversity that we bring. These aren’t just about the people they represent, but those who want to support and take an active part in supporting those people too.
- As we’re part of the Defra group, you can also access and be involved in a wide range of staff networks, as well as our own.
- Local inclusion ambassadors work across the organisation. They are enthusiastic about making our teams and workplaces inclusive spaces, knowing how to challenge inappropriate behaviours, and modelling inclusive behaviours.
To find out more about our values, please visit Growing the future | our people and values.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) giving you access to free, independent and confidential support.
- Occupational health to help keep you safe and healthy whilst in work.
- Free eye test.
- Mental health awareness, including a trained team of mental health first aiders.
- Local wellbeing champions organising events and sharing information to support your wellbeing.
- Free parking at Forestry England sites and free entry to our National Arboretums.
- Three paid volunteering days per year (pro-rata for those who work part time).
- All employees are eligible to apply for up to £1000 worth of bicycle and cycling equipment via the ‘Bike to Work’ scheme.
Civil Service Benefits
- Generous Civil Service pension. Further details can be found at Civil Service Pensions.
- Generous sick pay entitlement.
- Civil Service Sports and Social Club providing members with a variety of offers, events and savings.
- ‘For you, by you,’ the Civil Service Charity provides financial advice and support to Civil Servants and ex-Civil Servants.
- Civil Service Insurance Society offering various insurance products.
- Civil Service Motoring Association Club “Boundless” provides discounts on car and home insurance as well as holidays and days out.
Forestry England is committed to lifelong learning. We will support your career development in a variety of ways, including:
- Dedicated learning days to target the skills you need to take your career forward.
- Civil Service Learning (CSL) online platform provides access to a host of training courses, workbooks, e-learning, and videos on a variety of useful and relevant subjects.
- Financial support for professional memberships.
- Nurturing early talent: Apprenticeship and Graduate Development Programmes.
- Dedicated technical training in support of our operational functions, ensuring that keeping people safe is central to everything we do.
- Pre-retirement workshops.