Grown in Britain is creating new sustainably managed woodland to increase the supply of British timber destined for use by local people and businesses
Grown in Britain is a programme to create a new and stronger market pull for the array of products derived from our woodlands and forests, develop private sector funding and harness the positive energy and feelings towards our woodlands and forests.
It is a movement that is bringing together:
- environmentalists and woodland owners
- contractors, builders and retailers
- woodland managers, public and private agencies
How are we contributing?
Some examples of how the Forestry Commission is supporting the Grown in Britain campaign:
- ensure public procurement is not a barrier to market for woodland owners and managers
- raise awareness of value importance of home grown wood products
- using Public Forest Estate to explain value of wood and forests
Grown in Britain certification reduces unnecessary imports, by encouraging and supporting active and sustainable management of our own forests and woodlands.