Terms and conditions of use
A Forestry England membership is specific to the forest or woods chosen during purchase. It refers to the whole pack and it's contents upon joining or renewing, including parking sticker (if necessary to access parking at the chosen forest), membership card and vouchers (where applicable).
Our membership used to be called Discovery Pass. Please refers to our Membership Frequently Asked Questions for information about the change.
A single parking sticker will be provided if your chosen forest needs you to display a sticker to get site entry/car parking. The membership can only be used for one of your registered vehicles at any given time. The sticker must be transferred between registered vehicles.
The membership card is used to access a range of benefits/discounts.
Temporary membership document is the letter we send to you by email - only for online or phone purchases. This temporary membership document let's you enjoy visiting the forest straight away, while waiting for your full membership pack to arrive by post.
Vouchers are sometimes used for discounts with our partners and needed in addition to showing your membership card.
Terms and conditions:
1. Memberships will be valid for the advertised period, from date of issue.
2. Membership is only valid at the forest(s) named in the membership pack, on the temporary membership document, parking sticker and membership card.
3. Forestry England reserves the right to refuse applications.
4. Parking stickers and temporary membership documents are for use with registered cars only and can only be used with one car at any one time.
5. Parking stickers and temporary membership documents cannot be used with minibuses or vehicles carrying more than 7 people. Please ask site managers for details of any minibus arrangements.
6. Parking stickers and temporary membership documents must be displayed prominently and will not guarantee a parking space.
7. Where a member fails to display their parking sticker or temporary membership document upon a visit to the site, the member will be required to make the full payment for entering the site on that visit, without refund. For our forests using vehicle recognition, car registrations must be kept up to date prior to any visit.
8. The membership card cannot be used instead of the parking sticker or temporary membership document.
9. Membership cannot be used in connection with any business or commercial activity without specific permission given by Forestry England.
10. Forestry England reserves the right to close any site without prior notice and membership does not guarantee access.
11. Forestry England reserves the right to change or stop promotions/ discounts at any time.
12. The membership remains the property of Forestry England. Forestry England reserves the right to cancel it for any reason, in particular where membership has been abused.
13. Lost or stolen membership stickers and cards will not be replaced.
14. Membership does not permit overnight parking for any vehicle (including campervans).
15. Membership is non-refundable (including any partial/unused period).
16. Forestry England may vary or change these terms and conditions from time to time and up to date conditions will be available on the Forestry England website.
Any memberships, including temporary membership documents that have been tampered with or counterfeited will be confiscated and details reported to the police.
If you are concerned about your membership, please take it to the visitor centre to be checked or contact us.