Dogs in the forest (West England)
Updated 22nd September 2022
For safe, happy times and waggy tails please:
Be in control
- Keep all dogs in sight and close-by; use a lead if they don’t always return when called.
- Prevent dogs from going up to other people and animals uninvited.
Poo: do the right thing
- Always clean up after your dogs.
- Any public or household waste bin is fine for bagged dog poo.
Expect the unexpected
- Be aware that the forest is full of special wildlife that you might not be able to see.
- Carry a lead and spare poo bags for each dog.
- The forest is a working landscape. Follow site signs to avoid injury, disturbance or distress to yourself, other people, wildlife, and farm animals.
- Remember that deer, bikes and horses can appear suddenly.