Explore the Forests of Rothbury
There are five main sites within the Forests of Rothbury stretching from the distinctive table-top profile of Simonside in the south, to Wooler Common in the north of the area.
They not only offer beautiful forested walks but also wild moorland, spectacular crag top views as well as important archaeological sites.
The Forests of Rothbury:
- Hepburn Wood - broad, sweeping vistas and peaceful landscapes
- Holystone Wood - tranquil broadleaved woodland with waterfalls and crags
- Simonside - discover stunning panoramic views across Northumberland
- Thrunton Wood - explore exhilarating trails across open moorland
- Wooler Common Woodland Park - wild and beautiful area with open access and public footpaths
- Harwood - one of the north of England's red squirrel reserves located to the south of Simonside