A Forestry England membership is specific to the forest or woods chosen during purchase. It refers to the whole pack and it's contents upon joining or renewing, including parking sticker (if necessary to access parking at the chosen forest), membership card and vouchers (where applicable).
Our membership used to be called Discovery Pass. Please refer to our Membership Frequently Asked Questions for information about the change.
Membership can only be used for one of your registered vehicles at any given time. At sites where there is automatic number plate recognition (ANPR), this will be managed automatically. At sites where a parking sticker is used for member parking, a single parking sticker is provided (for your chosen forest). The sticker must be transferred between registered vehicles. Once one of your vehicles is parked, any additional vehicles (including any registered ones) will be charged the normal parking tariff for that visit.
The membership card is used to access a range of benefits/discounts.
Temporary membership document is the letter we send to you by email - only for online or phone purchases. This temporary membership document let's you enjoy visiting the forest straight away, while waiting for your full membership pack to arrive by post.
Vouchers are sometimes used for discounts with our partners and needed in addition to showing your membership card.
General Membership terms and conditions:
1. Memberships will be valid for the advertised period, from date of issue.
2. Membership is only valid at the forest(s) named in the membership pack, on the temporary membership document, parking sticker and membership card.
3. Forestry England reserves the right to refuse applications.
4. Membership is for use with registered cars only and can only be used with one car at any one time (including those with parking stickers or temporary membership documents).
5. Parking stickers and temporary membership documents cannot be used with minibuses or vehicles carrying more than 7 people. Please ask site managers for details of any minibus arrangements.
6. Parking stickers and temporary membership documents must be displayed prominently and will not guarantee a parking space.
7. Where a member fails to display their parking sticker or temporary membership document upon a visit to the site, the member will be required to make the full payment for entering the site on that visit, without refund. For our forests using vehicle recognition, car registrations must be kept up to date prior to any visit.
8. The membership card cannot be used instead of the parking sticker or temporary membership document.
9. Membership cannot be used in connection with any business or commercial activity without specific permission given by Forestry England.
10. Forestry England reserves the right to close any site without prior notice and membership does not guarantee access.
11. Forestry England reserves the right to change or stop promotions/ discounts at any time.
12. The membership remains the property of Forestry England. Forestry England reserves the right to cancel it for any reason, in particular where membership has been abused.
13. Lost or stolen membership stickers and cards will not be replaced.
14. Parking must be within official parking areas. Membership does not permit overnight parking for any vehicle (including campervans).
15. Membership is non-refundable (including any partial/unused period).
16. Forestry England may vary or change these terms and conditions from time to time and up to date conditions will be available on the Forestry England website.
Membership benefits terms and conditions
1. 15% off per person at Go Ape (excluding Nets Adventure)
Excludes Saturdays, corporate events, gift vouchers and bank holidays. Valid until 31/12/20. Book online and quote the discount code supplied in your membership welcome pack. Participation and supervision ratios apply, please visit www.goape.co.uk for more information.
2. Save 12.5% with Forest Holidays
Stay in a luxury cabin in one of eleven idyllic Forestry England locations and save 12.5% off the price of the cabin. You can also save 17.5% when you book within 7 days of travel. This must be booked via the contact centre on 03330 110495. Offer valid using the discount code in your membership welcome pack, for bookings made until 31/12/2020 and used before the 31/12/2021. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Forest Holidays offer and applies to one cabin only per visit. The offer must be applied at the time of booking. Your membership card must be shown on arrival at the Forest Holidays location. The Forestry England member must be the lead booker for the Forest Holiday in order to obtain the discount.
3. Save £10 on your next Forestry England membership and support conservation projects with Ecotricity
Switch to Ecotricity as your energy provider, and you will receive a £10 discount on your next membership. Ecotricity will also offer a £25 donation per fuel switch (gas or electricity - max £50 per household) to fund Forestry England conservation projects. Further terms and Conditions apply.
4. 15% off at Cotswold Outdoor, Runners Need, Cycle Surgery, and Snow and Rock
Terms and conditions applied: Not to be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts. 10% discount only on bikes. Selected lines are exempt. For personal purchases only. Not to be shared with third parties or used against business purchases. Offer expires 31.12.20. Online purchases can be made using the code supplied in your membership welcome pack.
Members must sign up to Outdoor & Cycle Concepts 'Explore More' benefits scheme to obtain the discount and other benefits. It’s completely free of charge. The discount is valid across all four brands. You can register in-store or on their websites. Marketing is not compulsory.
5. 15% off your next purchase at Muddy Puddles
15% off your next purchase at Muddy Puddles. Muddy Puddles offer a wide range of waterproof outdoor clothing for kids, which as a Forestry England member you can get an exclusive 15% off! Valid until 31/12/20. Valid on new purchases only, previous purchases are not eligible. One use per customer. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offers or sale. All orders are subject to acceptance. View full Muddy Puddles terms at muddypuddles.com/terms-and-conditions/
6. 10% off Paramo clothing (plus 5% of your purchase goes direct to the friends of Bedgebury)
Quote the code FOB2011 when you buy online or if buying direct from Paramo's London store or Wadhurst showroom. www.paramo.co.uk/
7. 15% off Red Original
15% off at Red Original Offer valid on any order placed between 1st Jan 2020 and 31st December 2020. No minimum spend required and free delivery on orders over £100. Delivery charges apply to orders under £100. This cannot be used with any other offer and is only available to be redeemed online at redoriginal.com. This discount is exclusive to Forestry England members only.
8. Conditions and exclusions on local Membership benefits apply
For more details, please see your local forest Membership page.
Any Memberships, including temporary Membership documents that have been tampered with or counterfeited will be confiscated and details reported to the police.
If you are concerned about your Membership, please contact us.