Booking process and charges for Westonbirt Arboretum
All educational group visits to Westonbirt, whether self-guided or led by us or our learning partner, need to be booked in advance. See below for how to do this and the different charges for different visit types.
Booking a guided visit for Early Years and Key Stage One
Booking a self-guided visit or guided visit for Key Stage Two and beyond
- Telephone the Learning Team on 0300 067 4856, or email, to confirm the availability of your preferred date and to discuss your requirements. If your preferred date is available we will provisionally book your visit to Westonbirt and email you a booking pack.
- To confirm your visit you must complete and return the booking form. Following the return of your completed booking form you will receive your confirmation details. For led visits this will include a timetable for the day, specific programme details and a risk assessment. For self-guided visits this will include copies of trail activity sheets as required, arrival information and a risk assessment.
Charges for guided visits
Guided visits are available from March to December.
- Half-day programmes cost £5 per student (minimum charge of £125 per session).This price includes the admission cost for your self-guided time. See below for adult pricing.
- Bookings include complimentary coach parking. Teaching staff, leaders and helpers accompanying groups can also park free of charge.
- We offer a free pre-visit with a member of staff (when available) to show you round the site. We can also help with planning your visit by providing guidance, including risk assessments.
- We invoice all groups following a led programme after the day of their visit.
Charges for self-guided visits
- Under 5s: free.
- 5-18 year olds: £3.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £2.00 (winter).
- Mature students: £7.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £5.00 (winter).
- We invoice all groups after the day of their visit.
Charges for supervisory adults
For both guided and self-guided visits, free admission for supervisory adults is offered with the following ratios:
- Pre-school and Reception - 1 adult : 4 children
- Years 1 to 6 - 1 adult : 5 pupils
- Years 7 and above - 1 adult : 10 pupils
Any adults supporting students 1:1 with additional needs are free.
Any additional adults outside of the ratios above will be charged £9.00 (spring, summer, autumn) / £7.00 (winter).