Make your summer count with an internship at Forestry England
This exciting undergraduate scheme offers the opportunity to see what a career in the Civil Service is like and is a great way to prepare for a place on one of the Civil Service fast stream graduate programmes.
We will tailor your internship to meet your passions and career goals, helping lead you to many different career paths at the heart of the UK Government.
What can you expect?
On the internship you’ll do challenging project-related work and gain an insight into the broad range of opportunities available across the Civil Service. Previous participants projects include:
providing guided walks and tours of historic environment sites hidden within our forests at the Festival of Archaeology,
developing a new forest alongside the local community.
What support will you get?
- salary - £391 per week.
- training - access to key training and Civil Service learning courses.
- mentoring - based on your interests and goals.
- equipment - laptop, Personal Protective Equipment and clothing for site visits where needed.
What we look for
- you're in your final two years at university with a 2:2 or higher in any degree subject (expected or awarded).
- an interest in forestry/science/STEM subjects.
- prepared to commit to 6-8 week programme.
- UK, Commonwealth or EEA national with the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Apply via the fast stream civil service link below.