Know before you go
As you know Whinlatter is a working forest that balances the production of timber with a large recreation offer.
Over the last few months areas of the forest have been closed due to forest operations and due to damage caused by the recent storms.
From January 10 the following facilities and trails will be closed or diverted due to essential forestry work:
- Altura MTB trail south open but diverted
- 10KM running route open but diverted - the section around Revelin Moss will be closed
- Revelin Moss Car park closed
- Coach Road to Hobcarton Closed
- C2C section on the coach road is diverted onto the B5292 road
These trails and facilities remain closed or diverted due to storm damage and ongoing forestry work:
- Heavysides trail open with a diversion
- Masmill Beck Trail open with a diversion
- Seat How Trail open with diversion
- Two Gills Trail open with diversion
- Tramper Trail open with diversion
- Words in the Woods Trail closed
- Public Right of Way to Barf closed
- Forest Road at Junction 14 to the top of the zig zags closed
All other trails & facilities are open and unaffected.
Please adhere to all closure and diversion signs to keep yourself and our team safe.
Thanks to everyone for your continued patience & support.