Know before you go
As you know Whinlatter is a working forest that balances the production of timber with a large recreation offer.
Over the last few months areas of the forest have been closed due to forest operations and due to damage caused by recent storms.
The following trails and facilities are closed due to essential forestry work:
- Revelin Moss car park
- Altura South (Red) mountain bike trail
- 10km running trail
- Words in the Woods trail closed
These trails and facilities are open with diversion due to ongoing forestry work:
- Heavysides trail open with a diversion
- Masmill Beck trail open with a diversion
- Gorse cycling trail open with diversion (with a section on the blue-graded Quercus singletrack trail)
- Revelin Moss walking trail (starting from main visitor centre car park)
All other trails & facilities are open and unaffected.
Please adhere to all closure and diversion signs to keep yourself and our team safe.
Thanks to everyone for your continued patience & support.