Welcome to the Westonbirt book shop, home to our specialist botanical titles centered around the trees and plants of Westonbirt Arboretum.
The Little Book of Disappearing Trees
Did you know that as many as one in three of the world’s tree species are thought to be threatened with extinction?
Within the arboretum we currently care for over 100 threatened tree species and the latest edition of ‘The Little Book of Disappearing Trees’ introduces some of the endangered trees we look after.
The Little Book of Disappearing Trees is a beautifully designed, photo-illustrated and easy-to-read book that explains Westonbirt Arboretum’s active role in tree conservation and the partnership work that is being carried out both nationally and internationally to understand, research and care for endangered tree species.
The Little Book of Disappearing Trees is available to purchase at the Westonbirt shop in person for £4.95 or online and posted directly to you for £7.99.
Westonbirt Arboretum's Tree Spotter's Guide
Carry around 100 of Britain’s trees in your pocket with this definitive guide to the nation’s best loved trees.
Written by leading Dendrologist Dan Crowley, this is the only guide you need to help you identify our most popular trees as you wander through the beautiful woodlands and gardens of Britain.
This perfect pocket-sized guide for amateur to expert tree lovers contains:
- beautiful contemporary illustrations showing both the outline and foliage detail of Britain’s 100 best trees.
- the origin of the species and where they can be seen today.
- authoritative bite-sized descriptions of each tree, and tips on how to identify them.
Buy online now or pick up a copy from the Westonbirt shop when you visit.
Westonbirt Arboretum's Plant and Flower Spotter's Guide
Written by experts Dan Crowley and Matt Parratt, this is the only guide you need to help you identify our most popular plants and flowers as you enjoy a stroll through Britain's beautiful green spaces.
In this book you will find:
- over 100 enchanting illustrations, depicting each plant and their individual bloom or spring.
- concise descriptions of each plant, with both scientific and common names, and tips on how to identify them.
Buy your copy now online or in person at the Westonbirt shop.