A magical tree garden, where you can explore trees from all over the globe
We are delighted to welcome you back to the National Arboretum! In order to keep visitors, volunteers, staff and our local community safe during this time, we have limited the number of people we can welcome at one time and introduced a new booking system.
In order to visit the National Arboretum, visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum must pre-book a ticket.
We’ve also made some important changes to the facilities onsite, such as the STIHL Treetop Walkway and play areas.
Find out more on how you can book, plan and safely enjoy your visit to the National Arboretum.
For updates about seasonal events, days out and activities at Westonbirt, sign up to our newsletter:
At a glance
- Advanced booking only for all visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum. Book your tickets.
- STIHL Treetop Walkway: Open, but with a one way system. Please keep 2 metres apart. Please be aware that alternative routes out of Silk Wood are a little steep.
- Restaurant: Offering a takeaway food and drink only.
- Dogs: Welcome on Downs and Silk Wood on leads.
- Shop: Open.
- Play areas (including Exploratree, Play trail and Gruffalo Sculptures): Closed
- Toilets: Open, but we are limiting the number of people in there at one time.
- Welcome Building: Closed
- Mobility Scooter Hire: Available to hire online when booking tickets
- Shuttle service: Unavailable
- Children’s scooters and bikes: For the moment we will be unable to welcome children’s bikes and scooters onto site.
- Members will be unable to join or renew onsite, but can still do so online at fowa.org.uk