A magical tree garden, where you can explore trees from all over the globe
Westonbirt Arboretum will remain open to you for outdoor recreation and exercise. If you would like to visit, make sure you plan ahead by pre-booking your tickets and follow the latest Government guidance for travel, outdoor spaces and meeting people from outside your household.
In order to visit the National Arboretum, visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum must pre-book a ticket.
Find out more on how you can book, plan and safely enjoy your visit to the National Arboretum.
Autumn has arrived at the world famous Westonbirt, the National Arboretum. The diversity and vibrancy of leaf colours to be found at Westonbirt are unsurpassed in Britain creating a botanical experience like no other. Find out more
For updates about seasonal events, days out and activities at Westonbirt, sign up to our newsletter:
At a glance
- Advanced booking only for all visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum. Book your tickets
- STIHL Treetop Walkway: One way system. Alternative routes out of Silk Wood are a little steep
- Restaurant: Open, take away offering only.
- Dogs: Welcome off lead in Silk Wood if well behaved, kept in sight and return when called
- Shop: Closed 5 Nov - 2 Dec
- Play areas: Open (excluding Exploratree)
- Toilets: Open, please wear a mask inside
- Welcome Building: Closed
- Mobility Scooter Hire: Available to hire online when booking tickets
- Shuttle service: Unavailable
- Children’s scooters and bikes: Welcome if height is not over 70cm from floor to handle bars
- Become a member online or sign up onsite via Direct Debit and the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum will deduct your ticket fee (just hand in your membership form and printed ticket receipt at the Welcome Building).
- Lungs of the Earth art installation