A magical tree garden, where you can explore trees from all over the globe
The government has said the single most important action we can all take to fight coronavirus is to stay at home, to protect the NHS and save lives. Westonbirt Arboretum remains open with a pre-booking system for people to exercise once-per-day, if they live locally. However the government has instructed that you should minimise time spent outside your home, minimise the number of journeys you make. Please remember this when considering a visit.
You must stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating and please follow the government’s rules on exercising and meeting other people during your visit.
In order to visit the National Arboretum, visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum must pre-book a ticket. Tickets go on sale 7 days in advance.
Find out more on how you can book, plan and safely enjoy your visit to the National Arboretum.
Clear fell work of infected ash trees is taking place in Silk Wood and is anticipated to last all of February. Due to the nature of the work and to ensure visitor safety, it is necessary to close a significant amount of Silk Wood beyond Broad Drive. Find out more
For updates about seasonal events, days out and activities at Westonbirt, sign up to our newsletter:
At a glance
- Advanced booking only for all visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum. Book your tickets
- Open every day except Christmas day from 9am.
- STIHL Treetop Walkway: One way system. Alternative routes out of Silk Wood are a little steep.
- Restaurant: Open, takeaway food and drink, card only. Operating with a reduced menu and opening times Mon - Thu, 9.30am - 2.30pm, Fri - Sun full take-away menu and open 9.30am - 4pm.
- Picnic benches have been removed.
- Dogs: Welcome off lead in Silk Wood if well behaved, kept in sight and return when called.
- Shop: Closed
- Play areas: Open (excluding Exploratree).
- Toilets: Open, please wear a mask inside.
- Mobility Scooter Hire: Available to hire online when booking tickets.
- Children’s scooters and bikes: Welcome if height is not over 70cm from floor to handle bars.
- Join the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum from £39 per year
- Lungs of the Earth art installation.