Information and opportunities
Join Westonbirt Arboretum for your work experience placement or as a young volunteer, find out about Westonbirts next careers event, and read the latest forest research for your studies.
There is a wealth of research and information available to support your studies:
- Forest Research: sustainable forest management; trees, forests and climate change; biosecurity, pest and diseases; and ecosystem services.
- Forestry Commission: wood fuel and biomass energy; urban forestry; and forest certification.
Work experience and placements
Interested in joining Westonbirt Arboretum for your work experience placement? Email for further details. We offer a range of opportunities:
- Year 10 & 11, A level and FE students, offering a varied week long placement working with different teams.
- FE and HE summer holiday placement, gaining experience in public engagement working with our family event team.
- HE long term placements, working with the Learning and Participation team, including formal and informal learning, community engagement and interpretation. (This placement is currently full)
If you are between 14 - 18 years old, you can join us at Westonbirt Arboretum as a young volunteer in the school holidays. Gain experience working with an enthusiastic team of learning staff and volunteers, engaging with families taking part in our events programme. Help children discover more about trees and wildlife, and help them to create tree crafts. Email for further details.
Join our youth team, Wild Westonbirt, and get involved in practical conservation, learn bush craft skills and create and test new ideas for young people at Westonbirt.