A family friendly country park and forest
Moors Valley is currently open with new restrictions in place.
If you would like to visit, please plan ahead and follow the latest Government guidance for travel and meeting people from outside your household. You must stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
Please be aware, for the safety of our visitors and staff our guidance below may change at short notice. Please keep checking this page for updates.
There are three simple actions we encourage all visitors to do to help keep everyone safe
Hands - Please use hand sanitiser stations
Face - Please wear a face covering where social distancing may be difficult (exemptions apply)
Space - Please stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing a face covering)
- Please follow the latest Government guidance for travel
- The car park is open, but with a reduced capacity
- We are not currently accepting bookings for coaches and minibuses
- When the car park reaches capacity it will be temporarily closed. We know this is frustrating, but please be prepared to return home and visit another time. You can view updates on our Facebook page or live news feed
- We encourage visitors to arrive before 10.30am, or after 2pm where possible to avoid our busiest times
Normal parking charges apply. Full details of our car park charges are listed here
At this stage, the majority of our facilities and amenities remain closed and the facilities that are open may have new procedures in place. For full details please visit www.moors-valley.co.uk
Moors Valley is a joint venture between Dorset Council and Forestry England and the work we do here goes beyond the remit of most visitor attractions, including countryside management and forestry. With over 800 acres, it's a large site to look after and we always aim to balance the needs of our visitors with those of the environment, whist still providing our visitors with a great day out. For full information on planning your visit and all the events and activities on offer, please visit the Moors Valley site.
At a glance
- 2 Walking trails
- 5 Cycling trails
- Children's play trail - some structures on the trail are closed
- Play areas - open. Please ensure you observe Hands - Face - Space
- Toilets - open with covid-secure restrictions in place. Be prepared to queue whilst we undertake extra cleaning throughout the day.
- Restaurant - takeaway kiosk at selected times only
- Visitor Centre and Shop - closed
- Bike hire - closed
- Steam railway - closed
- Picnic areas
- Dogs welcome