Hire a barbecue at High Lodge
Enjoy a tasty treat in the forest at one of our beautiful barbecue stands, just bring along good food and company!
High Lodge has eight barbecues available for you to book. Choose either a small barbecue catering up to 12 people or a large barbecue ideal for about 20 people. The barbecues are yours to use all day (from 11.30am until 1 hour before site closure) and are bookable up to 30 days in advance. Disposable and portable barbecues are not allowed.
Barbecue hire prices are £18 for a small barbecue or £30 for a large barbecue off peak season. Peak pricing applies to weekends and school holiday dates between March and September of £26 for a small barbecue and £38 for a large barbecue.
Don't forget to bring your own charcoal and tools!
Please note that there is no vehicular access to any barbecues but you can park close to numbers 3 to 8.
In order to protect this special landscape from the risk of fire please follow our guidance
- You are welcome to hire our barbecues, but to prevent forest fires and reduce waste, please do not bring any other barbecues into this forest
- Never leave the barbecue unattended
- Make sure that all rubbish is taken away with you
- The collection of wood from the forest is not permitted, please do not use it to add fuel to your barbecue
- Open fires are not allowed
- Full terms and conditions apply
High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Brandon, IP27 0AF
You are welcome to hire our barbecues, but to prevent forest fires and reduce waste, please do not bring any other barbecues into this forest.
Online booking only