Give more than a gift, give a forest: Forestry England’s Christmas gift ideas
Did you know that in the UK, people spend £700 million on gifts that nobody really wants each year? To avoid contributing to the already extensive waste generated through the holiday season and to get creative with your presents, Forestry England has some fantastic ideas for you.
By choosing to buy a Christmas gift from Forestry England, you are giving the nation’s forests a gift too. All purchases help Forestry England to continue the vital work that they do growing and protecting the nation’s forests for generations to come.
Here are Forestry England’s gift ideas, to help you feel good this Christmas:
Give a forest
A Forestry England membership makes a great Christmas gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. With a national memberships, you get free parking at hundreds of sites, giving you and your family the freedom to explore and create lasting memories. If you prefer, you can also become a local member to receive free parking at a specific site, along with local offers and more. Research suggests spending time connecting with nature, and especially being amongst trees improves our health and wellbeing. Ditch the plastic and put happiness at the heart of your gift this year.
Forest Live tickets
This Christmas, buy a music lover a ticket to Forest Live so they can join us among the trees to hear the best live music, connect with nature and discover unique locations across the country.
With iconic performers like Sting and Nile Rogers & CHIC already announced, Forest Live 2024 promises to be an unforgettable night out! With a printable gift card available, this one-off experience the perfect gift for any music enthusiast - even if you’ve left it until the very last-minute!
Forestry England merchandise
Forestry England and Teemill have joined forces to offer a sustainable clothing collection that makes fantastic Christmas presents for your loved ones.
When you buy a tee or tote from the collection, you will not only be giving a great gift, you will also be helping us to grow more forests and create more habitats for wildlife. Throughout November & December, all profits we make will be used to plant native trees in an area that was once part of a Royal Hunting Forest in the New Forest. This will help restore lost native woodland and fund research on how different types of trees respond to challenges such as disease and climate change.
The nation’s forests provide endless opportunities to seek adventure, make memories and find escape, with thousands of miles of beautiful running, walking and cycling trails for everyone to enjoy. By buying a gift from Forestry England this Christmas, you will help to create a sustainable future for this generation and the next.
For more information visit: www.forestryengland.org.uk
Notes to Editor
- Images are available here. Please credit Forestry England/Crown copyright.
- Forestry England manages and cares for the nation’s 1,500 woods and forests, with over 291 million visits in 2022/23. As England’s largest land manager, we shape landscapes and enhance forests for people to enjoy, wildlife to flourish and businesses to grow. We are continuing the work we have already started to make the nation’s forests resilient to climate change and by 2026 we will:
- create at least 6,000 more hectares where we integrate wilding activities in our productive forests
- increase the diversity of visitors to the nation’s forests and have one million hours of high-quality volunteer time given to the nation’s forests
- plant at least 2,000 hectares of new, high quality, predominantly broadleaf woodlands
For more information visit forestryengland.uk. Forestry England is an agency of the Forestry Commission.
Forestry England Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org