Read our visitor information regarding coronavirus
Open every day.
Winter opening hours are 8am until 5pm.
Spring/Summer opening hours are 8am until 10pm.
In 2022 we will revert to Spring/Summer when the clocks go forward, and revert back to Winter when the clocks go back during October half term.
Parking charges apply at Birchden Wood.
You can now use RingGo* at Birchden Wood which allows you to pay for parking online or via an app. Please download the Ringo App before travelling if you can.
Pay for parking on your phone in 5 easy steps:
1. Open the RingGo app, or download for free if you haven’t already got it, using the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
2. Log in with your RingGo details, or register as a new user.
3. Select your location by entering the code: 31073.
4. Enter your number plate and choose how long you’d like to park for. Remember, you can extend this later.
5. Choose to add any handy parking reminders you need, then just tap to pay.
And you’re good to go! Your details are saved so next time, you can park even faster.
If you’re not a smartphone user, you can still use RingGo to pay for your parking by calling 0203 046 0063. You can also register and book parking with RingGo online.
*There is a small convenience charge for using this service. See RingGo online for full terms and conditions and VAT receipts.
There are no designated accessible parking spaces at this forest, have you seen our Easy Access trails page?
For more information on planning your visit, take a look at our accessibility information: