Open every day except Christmas Day.
From the A39 at Nether Stowey, follow the brown tourist signs marked Ramscombe.
The nearest bus stops to Great Wood are Over Stowey, Church (Service First 23B) and Marsh Mills, Cross Roads (Service Hatch Green Coaches 18). Great Wood is approximately a 10-15 minute walk.
Parking charges apply at Great Wood.
You can now use RingGo at Great Wood which allows you to pay for parking online or via an app. Please download the Ringo App before travelling if you can.
Pay for parking on your phone in 5 easy steps:
1. Open the RingGo app, or download for free if you haven’t already got it, using the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
2. Log in with your RingGo details, or register as a new user.
3. Select your location by entering the 3–6 digit number shown on the parking signs.
4. Enter your number plate and choose how long you’d like to park for. Remember, you can extend this later.
5. Choose to add any handy parking reminders you need, then just tap to pay.
And you’re good to go! Your details are saved so next time, you can park even faster.
If you’re not a smartphone user, you can still use RingGo to pay for your parking by calling 0203 046 0063. You can also register and book parking with RingGo online.
Minibuses - £4.00
Coaches - £6.00
Social distancing measures are in place for the toilet block. Please keep 2 metres from other people and be patient with other site visitors.
For a quieter forest experience, we recommend planning your visit for early morning (before 10.00am) or in the evening (after 4.00pm). The forest is usually less busy on week days.
For more information about Great Wood to help you plan your visit, take a look at our accessibility information: