Alice Holt Forest is open but our facilities are limited
The government has said the single most important action we can all take to fight coronavirus is to stay at home, to protect the NHS and save lives.
Our forest and essential facilities are open for people to exercise once-per-day, if they live locally. However the government has instructed that you should minimise time spent outside your home, minimise the number of journeys you make and only travel a short distance within your local area to exercise.
Please follow the government’s rules on exercising and meeting other people when considering a visit.
You must stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating.
Please keep highways and gateways clear and leave plenty of room for other road users to pass safely. If the car park is full or too busy please be prepared to turn around and come another day.
Exercising outdoors should be done locally and:
• by yourself
• with the people you live with
• with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)
• in a childcare bubble where providing childcare
• or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household
We urge people to leave nothing behind that could harm the beauty of the forest, please take your litter home and dispose of it there, not forgetting to recycle what you can of course!
We are currently only accepting card and contactless payments.
Tree felling update
We are currently carrying out routine ‘thinning’ in some areas around Alice Holt Forest. This method of selectively removing some trees provides more growing space for remaining trees and areas for young trees to be planted. By opening up areas of the woodland to let in the light it also encourages the wildlife and habitats beneath the tree canopies to thrive. This is the first thinning to take place at Alice Holt for the last 5 years and is planned according to our ‘Forest Design Plans’ which takes into account the needs of wildlife in this special place. Warning signs will be in place around the work and it’s vital that all our visitors comply with the signs for their own safety, and that of others.
At a glance
- Toilets - COVID-secure modifications in place. Please follow Hands, Face, Space guidelines. Be prepared to queue whilst we undertake extra cleaning throughout the day.
- Play areas and trails are currently open
- Cafe takeaway service only for groups made up of only one household. Please be aware that outdoor seating will not be available for use, in line with Government guidance
Facilities Now Closed
- Some play structures are closed
- Visitor Centre
- Go Ape - further details listed here
- Cycle hire
- Health and activity sessions
- Large group sessions, such as parkrun