Welcome to England's only true mountain forest
Whinlatter is home to stunning views, fantastic walks, exhilarating mountain biking, rare wildlife and adventure play.
Set within the Lake District, a World Heritage Site, Whinlatter has unrivalled views across Bassenthwaite Lake, Derwentwater and Keswick. It is also home to the longest purpose-built mountain bike trails in the Lake District.
The Lakes are a dramatic and unique landscape which has been formed through man’s activities, such as forestry and land management. This landscape has inspired many of the world’s greatest artists, writers and thinkers.
At a glance
- 9 walking trails
- 3 cycling trails
- 2 Running trails
- Play areas
- Visitor Centre Information - Card payments only
- Forest Shop currently closed during National Restriction
- Go Ape - Closed during November
- Café - Open weekends only for takeaway 10am - 4pm
- Bike hire - Open for bike sales and workshop repairs only 10am - 5pm
- Tramper/mobility scooter hire - Available to hire for existing members only.
- Picnic areas