Welcome to England's only true mountain forest
Whinlatter is home to stunning views, fantastic walks, exhilarating mountain biking, rare wildlife and adventure play.
Set within the Lake District, a World Heritage Site, Whinlatter has unrivalled views across Bassenthwaite Lake, Derwentwater and Keswick. It is also home to the longest purpose-built mountain bike trails in the Lake District.
The Lakes are a dramatic and unique landscape which has been formed through man’s activities, such as forestry and land management. This landscape has inspired many of the world’s greatest artists, writers and thinkers.
At a glance
- 9 walking trails - Two Gills trail & Comb beck trail (red and blue walking routes) open with diversions. Seat How Summit (Green walking trail) open with diversion
- 3 cycling trails - Altura North Section closed
- 2 Running trails - 5k & 10k Open
- Play areas - CLOSED
- Visitor Centre Information and Forest Shop - CLOSED
- Go Ape - CLOSED
- Segway - CLOSED
- Café - CLOSED
- Bike hire - CLOSED
- Tramper/mobility scooter hire - CLOSED
- Picnic areas - CLOSED